Sunday, February 3, 2013

Promise of Spring







"Promise of Spring" is  one of 30 titles submitted for a new instrumental song Diane Cluck  and I played during our concert at C'ville Coffee on Friday, Feb. 1st. What I did was hand out scraps of paper and pens to the audience and asked them to listen to this piece and write down a title idea.  The audience members voted on each title idea by applause. There was a tie between, "Field of Clouds" and "Promise of Spring".  Other ideas were, "Open Dreams", "Dance Barefoot", "Born to be Wild". It was a fun thing and something I've never done before. (thanks to Joy for the winning title!)

It was an evening of song sharing and collaboration with Diane, who is relatively new to Charlottesville (from NYC). We will be recording, "Promise of Spring" sometime and when we do, I'll post for all to hear.  As it turns out it is a fitting song since I read that on Groundhog Day, an early spring is predicted. Yay!

The song in the video is a new one about my experience in my drawing class last spring. It's called, "Learning to Draw" but it is about many other things as you will see. (thanks to Joan for the YouTube of it!)

Thanks to everyone who came out on Friday in the bitter cold to support us!




No comments:

Post a Comment