Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Happy Songs for Winter Blues



Hello everyone! We're all in the midst of the coldest time of year and spring is a long way off  still. Today I thought of something you might try to pick up your spirits.

Think back to your earliest happiest musical memories. Make a list of songs you associate with a happy time in your life.   Once you have your list, download the songs onto a CD or mp3 file and listen. You'll be surprised how all that happiness comes right back to you!

Here are some of the songs on my list:

"Daydream Believer" by The Monkees. As a child, my sister and I watched their TV show all the time and we had all of their albums. Listening to them brings back such fond memories of my childhood in Chicago.

"I Think We're Alone Now" - Tommy James and The Shondells. I love so many of their songs, like, "Crimson and Cover" but this one stands out because it's one I remember hearing when I was learning to roller skate at The Hub in Chicago. Do you remember some old roller skating songs?

"Alley Cat," - it's an old piano rag that I did a tap dance routine to as a young girl. I didn't stay in dance classes long but I remember having fun with this dance.

"Classical Gas," Mason Williams. This was a big hit in 1968 and it's still a top standard guitar song. I love the dramatic orchestral accompaniment and it's still being played by many of the top guitarists.

"For Once in My Life, " - Stevie Wonder. Just about any song by Stevie Wonder I love but this one was maybe the first I heard and it's got such a happy feeling about it, you can't possibly stay down and listen to this song!

"Love Child" by the Supremes - again, anything by the Supreme's I love but this song is a great one to dance to.

"I Want You Back," Jackson 5 - Same goes with Jackson 5 - love them all but this is another great one you cannot sit still and listen to.

How about you? What songs do you remember from your childhood?


No comments:

Post a Comment