Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Teaching American songs to an ESL @ International Center UVA

This was one of the most fun projects I have ever worked on! I taught some traditional American songs to a group of ESL (English second language) at  the International Center at UVA. I included all genres from blues, bluegrass, gospel, country, ballads, cowboy, children's, lullaby, jazz. It was quite a challenge to find songs that would also be simple enough for them to practice their english language skills. They were a delightful group and I so enjoyed it. I made a powerpoint presentation with the lyrics on it and they sang along! Here are a couple of the pictures from the event.

check out their smiling faces in this one:


 I believe I was singing, "This Little Light of Mine" in this one.....


No comments:

Post a Comment