Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It's that time of year....


I love this time of year and yet... and yet. It is also very hard to navigate all of the social goings on and holiday traffic and extra activities placed on top of an already full life. I played two holiday parties where I had two people speak rudely to me. I understand though, it's a busy time and we all have full plates.

To maintain my balance I have been trying to be sure I have some time alone to be outside or play around on my guitar or read or do some artwork. I was sick for nearly two weeks in the beginning of Dec. and learned that I need to keep my balance.

Don't get me wrong though, I do love the music and bringing cheer to others. I just know that in order to do this, I need to be sure I am well and rested and in good spirits. There's a lot going on this time of year. It's also a life review time as I just had my birthday and it's the end of the year and lots on my mind.

Still though I know this time is not just about joy but also about struggle. It is about finding the light in the darkest days. I do my best to be happy even when others are stressed and rude. It's part of my job as I am around a lot of people all the time and everyone is trying to keep things together.

I wanted to say hello from holidayland and wish you some peace amid the hustle and bustle and take some time to be in the silence. Now...off to another gig. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment