Thursday, December 21, 2017

Tis the season to BE...


Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you will enjoy the Peace as well as the Joy and everything in between. I was saying the other day to a group of elders that Christmas music expresses every feeling. We have the silly joy of "Rudolph" and "Frosty", the solemn reverence of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", the wistfulness of  "White Christmas," the sadness of, "I'll Be Home for Christmas," and the happiness of, "Joy to the World."  Oh and there is the peace of, "Silent Night." I find myself more than anything seeking peace in this hectic time of year. What is it you are seeking? I hope you find it.

I've enjoyed bringing holiday cheer to nursing homes, hospital patients and assisted living centers this season. Today we did something fun with the songs.  I was leading a drum circle and something I like to do is play, "Name that Tune" using only rhythms. Today I did it with Christmas songs. It was fun to drum out carols. Imagine a drum line drumming, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing,' or "Deck the Halls."  The biggest puzzler for them was, "Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano.  It was fun combing a game, drums and the holiday spirit.  I never drummed and sang Christmas songs before and they took on a new twist. If anyone had been walking by and heard our drumming version of, "O Come all Ye Faithful, " I am sure they would not have recognized the song! It made us all laugh.

So happy Christmas and I wish you all the best life has to offer in the coming new year. Let's make it a good one! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment