Friday, October 1, 2021

Autumn musings

 


Happy Autumn season to you! I really like the fall, how about you? For me the fall is a more contemplative time and a time of harvesting seeds planted in the spring. So, let's see about things I planted. 

For me my art has become a "thing." I have been doing some music themed art like the one pictured above. This collage will be donated to The Front Porch (local roots music school) new location. I have more I will be giving to them. I am excited to know that these artistic musings will be seen and enjoyed by the community. 

Other thing going on... I have been going through some old classical guitar repertoire I used to play and bringing back some of the pieces. One of them is "Classical Gas" by Mason Williams. That is one of my favorite guitar pieces of all time. It came into my life when I was 10 years old and there was a lot of change going on. My parents divorced, my mother remarried and we moved from the only home I knew all within the time frame of less than 2 years. "Classical Gas" was a song that got me through these changes. I know we all have important songs that are part of our life soundtrack. I learned to play Classical Gas about 20 years ago and somehow it faded from my repertoire. It is back now and it is like having an old friend return to my life. A great feeling!

I also went and stayed at Shenandoah National Park with my sister and did a lot of hiking and thinking and musing about life. I am excited for October to come because I have some ideas of things I want to bring back into my life. I will tell you all about that when that time comes!


In the meantime, I want to show you another collage I did this month pictured here. It is probably my favorite one of all. I think my next piece will also be with horses. Hope you enjoy and that you are all well and happy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment