Saturday, May 12, 2012

Nashville!





Trip to Nashville.

So, I was in Nashville recently.. no not to get a recording contract or to play at the Grand Old Opry but I like how you are thinking! :)

I was actually at Vanderbilt University participating in more cochlear implant research. It was a challenging two days of testing. I enjoy that I can give to science in this way and hopefully my small participation can help future cochlear implant recipients.

It is just like me though that here I was in "Music City" and what did I do when I was not at the lab? I walked at Centennial Park. It made me realize that all of my life I have lived near a park and they have played an important role in my life. I especially enjoy finding beautiful nature spots in big cities. The juxtaposition of being in a big metropolitan area and finding a unique tree like the one pictured above is something I love. It is an old catalpa tree. I don't see many of those around here but when I was a girl we used to try to smoke those long things that dropped from them. Silly kids!

Below is a close up picture of a big hole in the trunk that looks like a gnome home:

 I did begin to write a new song though.. and so I am going now to work on that. Will let you know if it becomes something worth sharing.


1 comment:

  1. That is one beautiful, beautiful tree. I know what you mean about the juxtaposition of nature and cities, as I felt the same way about the majestic trees of Central Park ... it's a powerful feeling.

    ReplyDelete