Sunday, June 17, 2012

Mudhouse in Crozet gig






Here I am with my friends Ursula Goadhouse & Maia Oden. They are songstresses as well as myself and last night we had a gig together at the Mudhouse in Crozet. We each did a solo set and then sang one song together, "Sometimes I feel Like a Motherless Child".

My favorite moment of the evening was singing my song, "Once I was the Wind" 
and when Maia came in with her harmonies, I got the goosebumps. That is a way I know something is magical in the air, the goosebump experience.  What gives you the goosebumps?

A man in the audience was so moved by that song and he approached me in tears and told me he was never so moved by any song as he was that one. So, I gave him my CD and told him that song is on it and it was my gift to him. He then told me he had been going through hard times financially and otherwise.  Later I saw when his wife joined him at the table, he held up my CD to her and said, "she gave this to me!" and I learned that it was much more gratifying for me to have given a CD away than having sold it. It was a big gift to me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Blue! Yes, it is much more fun and satisfying to give something to someone who really loves it and to whom the gift means so much. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete