Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fun at Meadowcreek






Here are some of my friends I sing with at Meadowcreek each month. Today's highlight was making up our own words to songs.  It can sometimes get to be a bit chaotic in the room as sometimes attention wanes or other things are going on.  To remedy this, I just "go with the flow" and get spontaneous and make up new words. This gets us laughing and being in the moment. It is a lot of fun when that happens!

We sang, "Someone's crazy Lord, Kumbaya" (laughter) and "Someone's lazy my Lord, Kumbaya"
and made up new verses to "Will the Circle Be Unbroken".

I asked them what language the words, "Que Sera Sera" were in and everyone said English.   Interesting that when a song becomes so well known, you can pass over the words without thinking about the language or what they mean. I believe they are in Spanish (looked it up) although I always thought the language was French. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment