Monday, July 30, 2012

Something in the way chi moves...






Today I went to Mary Williams Center, thinking it was my day to come sing with the folks there. Well, it wasn't the right date but they fit me in anyway and I am glad I stayed. For, after lunch, I was treated to finally meet Hiromi, the Tai Chi teacher I have heard so much about for many years. I joined in her class and I was very impressed with her gentle, strong presence and skillful ways.  I loved how she made Tai Chi accessible for the elderly and people with limited mobility.   Many years ago I took a Tai Chi class and I never envisioned being able to do the same moves while sitting in a chair.  Hiromi guided us through some deep breaths and moves and at the end she came around to everyone to see where they had pain.  For some it was their shoulders, others their knees and she came around to each of us and put her hands on wherever we hurt. I had a small pain in my back and I was amazed with the heat I felt from her hands. Wow! What a powerful healer she is, I left pain free!  I felt very inspired by her and I realized that since I no longer have a 9-5 job where I have a supervisor to answer to and I am my own boss, I am lacking in daily personal reminders of doing the best job I can do.  It is good for me to have role models and Hiromi is definitely that for me. I hope I can take more classes with her soon.

Above is a picture from the class. All ages were welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment