Thursday, October 1, 2020

Swan or Dragon

 


Though I mostly talk about my music here in my blog, I also really like to do artwork. In particular, I love do do collage. You have seen some of them here and picture above is my most recent and my favorite. 

What I like to do is color from various coloring books I have and collect my favorite images from them and paste them onto a canvas. In this case, the canvas above is from a discarded painting from a friend. As soon as I saw it,  I knew I wanted to have a Swan in this piece.   Yet while I was coloring the swan, I let myself choose whatever colors I felt led to (even if they are not colors found on a real swan). It ended up resembling more of a dragon. What do you think? Maybe part swan, part dragon? 

As for update about my music, I continue to do more virtual sessions and I really enjoy it. I had worried that the format would feel impersonal but if I were able to visit the nursing home residents, I would have to be socially distanced and wearing a mask. Whereas on our computer screens, we can be up close and personal. For some it would be like watching a personalized TV show created just for them. 

I am glad I can keep doing music at least on a minimal way during this pandemic. I hope you are all finding ways to nourish your creativity too. 


Thanks as always for stopping by! 



2 comments:

  1. Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete