Wednesday, April 15, 2015

No More Fried Egg Boons: Cochlear Implant Journey

Today I am being featured on the Cochlear Americas blog about my cochlear implant journey. The content of the blog is my essay that won 1st Prize in an essay contest this past September. Most people know that I am a cochlear implant recipient. It has been a fascinating journey! Because of it, I have traveled to Arizona State, Northwestern University, Vanderbilt (Nashville) and University of MD to participate in cochlear implant research. I have met many people and done many things I would not thought possible had it not been for my cochlear implant experience.

Here is a link to the blog post on the Cochlear Americas blog and thank you all for your continued support!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful information Blue...I'm so happy these implants are helping you and taking you to so many places to meet so many interesting people. I so appreciate your comment on my blog and the offer to help me with my hearing. I am still in the initial stages of everything with my ENT, but any bit of info is useful. I will never again take anything for granted that I have. I think something like this makes you have so much gratitude for the gift of life. Lots of love to you, Katherine

    ReplyDelete