Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Last night I performed in a First Night community event for the first time in 15 years. I have really missed this event! I used to be a regular here in Charlottesville in the early to mid 90s. But then they got new management and things changed.

This time I played at the First Night Harrisonburg which was a lot of fun. I got to see some old friends I don't get to see often.
I can say that being there last night and playing my music for some new listeners and being part of that was one of my happiest memories of the year.

All of 2011 was focused on getting my  CD finished. First by creating the Kickstarter video to raise the money to finish it, then having my friends record their parts (Mary Gordon Hall on harmonies and Peter Markush on cello) , then getting the CD art work done (Browning Porter)... it took until August to get the CD in my hands.

The rest of the year was playing gigs and celebrating the CD release.

Thanks to all those who have supported me through this effort!
Happy New Year!

here's  a shot of the fireworks at midnight in Harrisonburg

No comments:

Post a Comment