Monday, February 27, 2012

Choose the Sky



Today at the hospital I went up to the unit with the mothers and babies. I was sent to a young woman's room who is expecting a child in 9 more days.  I was told she had a very hard weekend and she would appreciate music.

I rarely sing at the hospital as I mainly play instrumental music but as I was tuning my guitar, I got the feeling that she may appreciate some of my own songs. Sometimes I feel that sharing my own songs is a way to share from a more vulnerable place in myself.... a way to empathize with the patients I see.

I sang for her my song, "Choose the Sky" which is a song that I've been told has been very helpful and comforting to others.  A song which talks about the sky is always there for us.

As I sang the song, she began to cry and I sensed that her tears really needed to flow. The song touched her in a deep place. I have had others tell me it made them cry too. I never would have imagined that reaction but here is a link to the song.. so you can hear it for yourself.

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_8101632

The photo above is the original photo I took in AZ that inspired the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment