Monday, March 3, 2014

A work in progress

After a few weeks of focused research and practice for the school presentation, I have been having fun improvising with different chord progressions. I like to go looking through song books or on the internet for new ideas of chords and riffs to play.   I love it when I find something that feels like "this is where I am now, " sort of a musical self portrait.  It's a soulful, bluesy mood that I don't often play. It feels like wearing a leather jacket would feel or riding a motorcycle down a dirt road on a hot day. I feel time standing still and slowing down.

Here is what I recorded--I deliberately kept this raw and real, unpolished and spontaneous. It's fun to hit the "record" button and let it rip and see what happens. Maybe much like snapping random photos and suddenly you see a shadow or catch a glimpse of light you didn't know was there.

When I was a young girl, I enjoyed doodling and being spontaneous with art . I also like to write in my journal but sometimes that's more predictable. Do you have ways you like to play? Do you like to dance?

Here's my "Work in Progress" and I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment