Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Journey out there

I have returned from a journey "out there." What I mean is,  it was a gig that was not only far away geographically (Kingston, NY) but also a departure from my usual day to day music gigs. It is always a good feeling to stretch, meet new people, try new things.

Above you see me pictured with Eric Francis, the astrologer and writer of Planet Waves.  I have been reading his newsletters since the late 90s and I finally got to meet him in person on the occasion of his 50th birthday party where I performed. We also "met" via email when I contributed music to the LISTEN  project which were the annual audio astrology readings from 2013. It was one of my favorite gigs I've done!  How it worked was, Eric would send me a sample of the audio reading of a given astrology sign and I would choose from my own musical works a piece that fit that theme.
So Saturday night, there I was with the Planet Waves crew in Kingston, NY.

I got to meet some nice like-minded people and I also got a surprise visit from a friend who used to live here in Cville but moved away in 2001. It was a small world experience to see him there. It was great to catch up and dance to the electronic band.

He said to me, "so this is an out of town gig for you" and I said, "yeah--way out!" In many ways... a good experience and now I am ready go take on the DMB! (are you reading, Dave? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment