Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Big Deal and wonderful experience!


In addition to the amazing work that I do day to day at the hospital and at nursing homes and such, every once in awhile I am asked to perform for a big event. That's what happened the other day in DC. In the picture above, I am doing a sound check.  It was a lovely stage and background!

The occasion was to perform for the SourceAmerica  conference at the Gaylord National Convention Center in DC.  SourceAmerica is a non-profit that creates job opportunities for a skilled and dedicated workforce of people with significant disabilities, so I was a perfect fit for the occasion!

For this performance, I sang my song, "Choose the Sky," and played my solo guitar piece, "For the Lily Grows." In addition, I sang the old jazz standard, "Heart and Soul," and "What the World Needs Now."  

It was a great experience to be a part of an event from an organization that does such good work in the world. I loved being up there on that big stage and looking out at all the smiling faces as I sang.  I loved connecting to conference participants after the concert. I met people from Utah, Kentucky, Illinois and beyond there. It was such an exhilarating experience for me that I will never forget! Thank you, SourceAmerica!

No comments:

Post a Comment