Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Celebration of Nature with music, poetry and art


One of my favorite gigs I do each year is a collaboration I do with The Live Poets Society at Ivy Creek Foundation .  In this beautiful setting we celebrate the beauty of nature with music, poetry and art. What could be a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon? 

For my contribution, I sang some of my own original compositions like:




and also set some poems by George Eliot to music "Blue Wings," "Ay De Mi" and "Spring Comes Hither."  In addition, I sang a couple of parodies I made up about Ivy Creek. Here's my favorite one:

A Place called Ivy Creek  (To the tune of "House of the Rising Sun") There is a place in CharlottesvilleThey call it Ivy CreekAnd we’ve been pursuin’ many new trailsWe walked a new one this week My mother she’s a beekeeperShe maintains honeybeesMy sweetheart has a sweet toothHe consumes the colonies Go tell my baby sisterTo bring the binocularsI want to see the birds in the skyInstead we saw catepillars
~~

I enjoyed listening to the poetry of the members of the Live Poets Society and visiting with everyone on our intermission. It was such a nice time and thanks to all who came!

No comments:

Post a Comment