Sunday, April 24, 2016

Spring flowers, spring concert


Last week was VSA Arts  annual spring concert and it was a lot of fun and very special for me. We had rehearsals both Monday and Tuesday and the concert on Wednesday. It is always a great time for our community to finally be able to perform songs some of them have been practicing since winter.

One group sang, "You've Got a Friend," and another did, "Rockin' Robin," and of course we also had African drumming led by Whit. I had prepared to sing two poems I set to music written by George Eliot. However, it turned out that I got hit with a cold the night before and felt too congested to sing and I changed my selection to be my instrumental song, "Promise of Spring."  

I don't have the pictures back yet from the concert and so I show you my spring flowers in my front yard instead.  So much beauty to behold! With it being an election year and so much ugliness going on in the world, I feel lucky to be part of events that bring beauty and happiness to others.
Are your flowers in bloom yet? Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment