Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A festive jukebox


One of the things I like about playing music at different senior homes is that I love the decorations I see when holidays approach. I never decorate my house for holidays so it is a real treat to go and see each place done up differently.  I used to love jukeboxes and have many fond memories spending many quarters to play favorite songs. I think we should bring jukeboxes back, don't you? They are neat looking such fun to look over all the song titles.

Today was the day after Hurricane Sandy. I was grateful that this area came through it without power outages and damage.   I was looking so forward to today when I  would go sing at two nursing homes.  It is a good feeling to have a job I love to go to so much. I can remember many other jobs wishing for a snow day! Here I was wishing for a work day! Well.. work is play for me, so that makes a difference too.

No comments:

Post a Comment