Saturday, October 13, 2012

Music for horses, anyone?



Look who came to great me as I arrived to the Love for Animals sanctuary & rescue fall festival and benefit.  How I love horses!  I was first to play today at the benefit which meant that festival participants were still arriving. So that meant that the horses next to me were my most attentive audience. What would you sing to a horse?

Today I tried out lots of stuff from old Hank Williams to Blue Moon to Wade in the Water and my own songs.  I played some of my own solo guitar pieces and that is when I felt like I was really in my element. A woman approached me and asked if I had been to see the Dalai Lama on Thursday. I said I was there and she said listening to my guitar made her feel that feeling again of being there.  That felt good. That and the horse who came to greet me.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool, Blue! If I weren't highly allergic to horses, I would play the theme song from Mr. Ed, the talking horse on TV back before you were born! :)

    ReplyDelete