Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Don't leave me out!"



Today I sang with the folks at Mary Williams center and we had a good time as always.  I was inspired to take some pictures of a group at a table who were being particularly animated. When I finished, I heard a voice behind me ask, "did you get me in there?"  I turned around and saw Julia, looking somewhat offended  (and rightly so) and she said, "don't leave me out!"  So, above she is pictured. Julia, I did not mean to leave you out!  and thank you very much for this lesson. I then asked, "does anyone else want their picture taken?" and four more people raised their hands. It is about being seen and appreciated.  I hope I never make a mistake like I did today.

I got another lesson too when I was hit (gently) on the leg by someone's cane because I had taken her seat at the table while she was in the other room. See? singing with seniors is not for the faint of heart!   (and thank you, Pearl for that reminder --I was rude to take your chair!)


1 comment: