Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Under a rest


Hello everyone! I have not forgotten about all of you.   I did have a rest from recent gig activity and thought I'd tell you some about that. I was sick last week and then we had a big snow storm, those two things slowed life down a lot.  I think the rest did me some good though and I've been reading a lot and preparing for more future gigs. People often ask me, "do you ever have time to rest? what do you do to relax?" and the answers are within.

I have been enjoying having some quiet times at home with my cats (you all know Jasper, his mother Abilene does not like to be in the limelight). I have been practicing for future gigs too. Really my work never stops --either I am practicing or creating or networking or searching for more new ideas.

I do have some exciting news to share which is that I am working towards being an Artist in Residence for Albemarle County Schools. I would be teaching American songs to kids in elementary and middle schools. Everything from Appalachian to blues, pop, folk, country, etc. The songs will be taught in a historical context to help the kids learn in new ways about American heritage. I have a demonstration to give next Monday and I'll let you know how things develop! Surely, I will be blogging here about my experiences.
Hope everyone is doing well in bloggersville! Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun project! Wishing you good luck at your demonstration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eveyln,
      How are you doing? Thank you for the good wishes!

      Delete
  2. Glad you got some rest and good luck on your next adventure! I'm enjoying your wonderful CD! Thanks so much. I've shared it with a few people too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Thanks so much! I am glad you are enjoying my CD. Thank you for sharing it with others! :)

      Delete