Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sweet Encounters

In my work, I have the sweetest encounters with people. The other day I was singing with a group I haven't seen in awhile. In my work with therapeutic parks & recreation, I am only allowed so many groups to visit per month so I have to rotate some of them.

So Monday I was at Meadow Creek with a group of adults with developmental challenges. They are such a sweet group of people.  As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by Pamela who said, "You are pretty! I like you."

We sing all the old favorite songs learned in camp and school. There is one young lady who screams with excitement at the beginning of many of the songs. Especially if I introduce them first. I will say, "This one is called, "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain!" ("ahhhhhhhh!!" come her screams :)

I'm not sure how it happened but we ended up singing Christmas carols even though it's a little early for that. This is a group though that would sing Jingle Bells in July! (and we have done it!)

Later, Thomas presented me with a beaded necklace he made for me as we sang. I'm so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment