Monday, December 17, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas



I have really been enjoying singing Christmas songs with lots of groups recently. Last week I did a family holiday sing along at a library in a neighboring town.  This week and next, I sing with my nursing home groups.

This year I learned a lot more old songs and I love how the spark of recognition comes with a light in someone's eyes, a smile, tears, a look of surprise. Here are some favorites:

I'll Be Home for Christmas
Blue Christmas (of course :)
The Christmas Song
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Silver Bells
Winter Wonderland
Let it Snow
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

What are some of your favorites? Any requests?

Let's do a virtual Christmas carol event!  Skyping---that would be fun, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment