Saturday, December 29, 2012

"Fan" mail


I've been getting cards and letters from some of the residents from a nursing home.  Notes telling me how much they appreciate my singing and playing there. At times it is very hard to read their handwriting and it reminds me of the days before my cochlear implant, when I had to listen very hard to understand at least one word being said out of a whole sentence and piece it all together. One  may not understand handwriting but I do understand the gesture of appreciation and it means a great deal to me.

I remember some years ago I was working in housekeeping at Omega (in NY) and I was cleaning the room of a then famous singer. (name withheld) In the trash can were several letters, cards and  notes from people telling her how much they loved her music.
I remember being stunned to find them in the trash!

See these cards pictured above? I don't plan on throwing them away. They are what gives me motivation to keep doing what I do. Thank you, M.J. for the nice letters! See you Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment