Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Heart of the Forest Lives Forever



I love nature and enjoyed living near a forest out behind my house where I live. It was there I saw the Owls in the trees which inspired my song, "Owl's Dream".

 The week of Thanksgiving brought bulldozers to destroy the forest in order to build Dunlora Forest. (a new housing complex) Many of my friends keep hearing about how devastated I have been with the forest removal here.

Of all the trees in my yard, I was most attached to the one right outside of my window. There was a hollowed out hole where a family of squirrels lived for the last couple of winters.

I was happy to see that the bulldozers left this tree but then a few days ago I  was told that the tree would be cut down because it is dead and about to fall. (on my house!) This morning after a gig at a nursing home, I saw the the tree crew preparing to cut it down. I left the house to escape the noise but all the while I felt strangely calm and ok about it. I think because I know it was dead and it would not hurt the tree.

When I came home I was stunned to find the stump the way I found it pictured above!  A big beautiful heart!  I was so happy and relieved to see this! I can't help but to think it is some kind of message.  I have been asking others, "what is the good in all of this?"

Each time I look out my window now, I see this lovely heart the tree left behind. 


Love cannot be killed and the heart of the forest lives.

1 comment: