Saturday, June 29, 2013

Kindred Spirits and The Wayne Theatre



This morning I am pinching myself--did that really happen last night?  If I could bronze the evening and put it up on my mantel to always have, I'd love that. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to somehow save the evening in a jar like fresh rainwater--or maybe beautiful colored sand or even to wax it into a candle to burn forever?

The evening was a magical one for me playing at the beautiful Wayne Theatre in Waynesboro. The occasion was opening the show up for guitarist & composer extraordinaire, Michael DeLalla.   Perhaps my favorite song of the evening was our last song whereupon I played a Native American flute solo and sang harmony on the old beautiful song "Witchi Tai To".

I have known Michael for many years through my stint as a folk radio DJ at WTJU. We met last night for the first time in person. And yet it felt as though I have always known him. We talked like long lost kindred spirits, sharing stories of guitar classes, teachers, travels, adventures.

It was a rare gem of a night that I will always remember. 

Wishing you all  a night to remember of your own soon! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue, meeting you and hearing you play with Michael DeLalla is an evening I won't forget (not sure why the id on my blog's so crazy here.) Thanks for what you do- your refreshing songs add light and love to a world oft lost in mental chatter. You are an old soul, a new friend, and a wonderful spirit!

    ReplyDelete