Friday, September 13, 2013

A Day in the Life


What a great week it has been! I posted about Monday (Que Sera, Sera) and the next day found me in my Integrated Therapies class. We did some GIM (Guided Imagery to Music) and that was very powerful. If you've never tried GIM, I highly recommend it!   In the session there is a guide and a traveler. The one "traveling" is induced into a deep state of relaxation and guided through listening to a piece of music (instrumental, classical oriented). It's amazing how images arise and change similar to a dream and how much one can get out of the experience.

Wednesday I did my weekly stint playing for patients in ICU at UVA hospital. That is always very rewarding. That evening I accompanied (guitar) the music of the Taize service at the Charlottesville Mennonite Church. It's a service follows the format of evening prayer used in the ecumenical community of Taizé in France. It is mostly a service of sung prayer with additional periods of silence, scripture reading and intercession. It is so peaceful and beautiful and we have them on the 2nd Wednesday evenings each month. Come join!

Last night I taught a songwriting class at the Rockfish Valley Community Center. It is in beautiful Afton VA. If you haven't been out there, it is a great place to go! They have concerts there and all kinds of other classes going on. I loved meeting my students and I am excited for our future classes there. (Every Thursday evening  at 7pm until Oct. 17th if you are interested)

Later today, I am off to sing for another group of seniors. This group is special to me as I have been singing with them now for nearly 7 years. So it is always good to see them.

Tomorrow I am singing in the Cville Pride Festival which will be another experience to write about, I'm sure. Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment