Sunday, December 15, 2013

Santa came to town

When was the last time you sat on Santa's lap? For me... I don't know if I've ever done it before and I am not quite sure what possessed me to do it last night but it felt good!  However I was unprepared when he asked, "What do you want for Christmas?" I said, "I don't need anything." And he replied in a surprised manner, "You don't need anything??!"   Well... I would like to be happy and at peace and for everyone to be happy. I would like to be given the opportunity to continue to do the work I love to do and feel I was meant to do.  I did get a nice pair of new socks! :)

Last night though I wish you could have seen the children around me as they jumped and clapped and danced around singing, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "Frosty the Snow Man."  I was playing for a group of deaf families (most of the children are hearing) and I have known these people many years. You would have loved to see the two sign language interpreters next to me signing to the Christmas carols. I especially liked to see them signing, "Fa la la la la la la la la..." Some things in sign just look funny. One deaf girl put her hand on my guitar to feel the vibrations as I played.


After singing each of the kids got their pictures' taken with Santa and were given gifts. We were in a big gymnasium which made it a good place for them to throw their new glow in the dark sparkling balls.  When the mom's took their turn on Santa's lap, that's what gave me the idea to do it too. Give it a try!

Speaking of Santa... perhaps you'd like to give my CD "Choose the Sky" to a friend or for yourself.

Also feel free to write me an email or post a comment here. Hope you're enjoying the holiday cheer so far! (email: blueoconnell@gmail.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment