Monday, December 30, 2013

Hello everyone, Goodbye 2013


I am writing you from gloomy, cloudy and cold NJ. I've been here for Christmas visiting my family. I have had a break from my music and work and I am really looking forward to getting back to it. I went up to New Paltz this past weekend and attended a sacred chanting meditation at the Unison Arts Center.   (pictured above) It was the only music I took in this week and it was calming after a week of riding buses and trains in the traffic and pouring rain.

2013 has been a good year for me and I am looking forward to the new year ahead. I have some ideas I want to explore for music work. For one thing, I plan to record my wedding repertoire and work on doing ceremony gigs. I also want to do something new I will call for now a Sound Journey. It will be a meditative musical journey using my HAPI drum , Native American flute and guitar.  I have been experimenting with ideas and look forward to offering more new experiences with music this year.

In the meantime,  local readers please consider coming to see me perform at First Night Virginia! I will be part of a singer/songwriter series and my set will be short but dynamic and fun!
I am sure I'll be blogging about that adventure.

Meanwhile, time to pack up and catch the Northeast Regional train back to Virginia.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas  holiday!



No comments:

Post a Comment