Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014


Happy New Year, everyone! I am feeling optimistic about this new year, how about you?

Last night was such fun and also a meaningful time performing at First Night Virginia. I have not played for the Charlottesville First Night in many years and it made me remember my first time doing it all the way back in 1989! I'm celebrating my 25th anniversary living in Charlottesville. It has been such a nurturing community for me. Thank you to all my friends, coworkers, acquaintances, audience members who have supported me over the years here.

I sang at a new venue called Old Metropolitan Hall on the downtown mall.  It was great to sing for an attentive and supportive audience.   After my performance, I went out to talk to the audience and I saw some people I have not seen in over 20 years!  It was like an episode of that old show, "This is Your Life" (anyone remember that show?)  My sister and I watched the reruns as kids and I always liked the premise of the show.

Also there was someone in the audience who came to thank me as I had played for her mother before she passed away some years ago. I have played for so many people in the 9 years of doing therapeutic music that I did not recall this woman. But it is a lesson to show that each day we each can do something that makes a difference. We may not ever know how we impacted someone at all. And sometimes we are fortunate as I was last night to hear how I helped their family.

So with this, I want to wish you all a very happy, healthy, prosperous New Year.  I plan to focus on the positive things in life and nurture my friends and family more.  To lighten up and trust and let go of the past. I open to the new and welcome you to be a part of it!

Thanks for reading as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment