Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter daze




We got our first snow (and ice too) but winter is upon us. I actually like winter. As someone with a hearing loss and who hears with hearing aids, I love how quiet it becomes outside. There is a stillness like no other time of year. Last night I was walking a friend's dog on a country road and saw many deer grazing. I also saw a pheasant or an owl, I'm not sure but the wild life was loving the stillness of no humans around. (except me)

Yesterday as I was snowed in, I used the time to practice my holiday repertoire. This year I will be playing holiday music in ICU at the hospital.  As some of the tunes are very short, I was improvising introductions and variations and I recorded this and liked how it turned out. It is a simple, homemade recording but to me we do not have enough homemade music.  Most of the recordings we hear now are made in recording studios and overdubbed and produced to take out the glitches.

Imagine me in a house in the country with snow falling outside the windows, a magical feeling in the air while you listen to me playing "The First Noel" .  One thing about it is that I was not wearing my hearing aids while playing... so it is an offering from a deaf musician. Hope you enjoy!

Happy Winter and stay warm!



https://soundcloud.com/blue-oconnell/the-first-noel

No comments:

Post a Comment