Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Filling up and spilling over


Many people I see (hospital) are in need of comfort and healing and I am happy to give that with music to the best of my ability. But there are also places where I go and the people are spilling over to be kind to me. The Gordon House in Gordonsville is such a place. As soon as I walk in, hands reach out to me, arms open to embrace me and smiles and kind words abound.

Yesterday when I sang with the group there I  was remembering my Grandparents who lived in MI and as a child I rode the train from Chicago to visit them. I was always so excited to go see them as they were always kind and loving to my sister and I. There is something special about having a Grandma and Grandpa, a place that no one else can fill in our lives.

 I no longer have them but I do have my elder friends at places like Gordon House who treat me like a granddaughter. I leave there feeling full as if I just had a nourishing meal with them. Music is a spiritual food that feeds the heart and soul. It fills me up so I can then spill over to others.

After we finish singing, the people in the group thank me but it goes both ways. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment