Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


Today I sang at a Valentine's Day party at a nursing home in a neighboring town. As usual, I had planned for one thing but when I arrived, saw that a whole other approach would be required! Usually I sing in a small room with about 20 people but today we were in a big room and about 60 people were there! I actually got a bit of a sore throat trying to sing loud enough for everyone to hear without a microphone. I do have a guitar strap and I did like a strolling troubadour, making my way through the room.

The thing I had to change was the fact that I had planned all love songs which meant many songs that are sung quietly. I then gave myself over to the moment and realized that it was not about the type of song to sing, but about gathering together and having a good time.

Though I have sung at this home before many times, there were still many people I had never seen before. This made it much better for they brought new gutsto into the songs we like to sing each month.

After each song I would raise my fist in the air and give a "woo woo" and everyone would clap. I was impressed that this place is not one that appears to have a lot of money but they had Valentine bags for everyone that had candy and stuffed animals in them. Everyone seemed very happy and it made for a lovely holiday.

How was your Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment