Saturday, August 17, 2013

Beautiful rustic rural Virginia


 Last night found me in beautiful, rustic rural Virginia in Louisa County playing at a Women's Gathering.  There was a big bonfire where people were toasting marshmallows and drumming. Above is a photo of the driveway that meets you when you arrive.

Here is a colorful sign above in front of the stage area which was nice to see. Taking my shoes off always makes me feel more welcome somehow.


The wooded paths were lined with painted plastic containers with candles inside for night view.  I loved being away from the construction (next door) and traffic in the city. The night sky held the moon and stars as I played my flute and sang some songs at the gathering.

I taught a couple of chants too, one is a song I learned recently at a sacred song circle. See if you know it:

We are the rising sun
We are the change
We are the ones we've been waiting for
And we are dawning.

Was a very nice visit and I enjoyed the other performances. One of the women acted out stories of Obama's mother's life and another did about 30 mins of violin solos. Great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment