Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bust me outta here


Bust me outta here. A full moon night at the nursing home and these words rang true. The picture above is from a series of other dog pictures the home has on the walls.  Here is another:


The residents all love dogs and I rarely see such things on the walls, so it was nice. It definitely fit the mood in the place too. Everyone seemed kind of restless but singing some songs really helped. One woman surprised me when I started to sing, "I'll Fly Away" , she sang along and I didn't know she knew this song. We sang several others after that, "Keep on the Sunny Side", "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" and others.

Later one of the nurses came out and as we started singing, "Amazing Grace" she stopped what she was doing and sang along. We also sang, "This Little Light of Mine".

Earlier I have to admit, I was feeling tired and unmotivated to get in the car and go play somewhere else (I had worked earlier at the hospital today) but it was all worth it. Seeing all of their smiling faces, hearing them singing and looking at those funny dog picture made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment