Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Creative Day


Yesterday I spent the day painting with friends. Above is a painting I did I call, "Ribbons of Dawn". My friends said it could also be, "Rhythms of Dawn." and yes, that is true. This painting pictured was a finger painting. I can't remember the last time I did such a thing. We painted to the music from the soundtrack of "Chocolat" which inspired bold colors and lines from me. 

As a child I drew often. One of favorite things to do was to draw a big squiggly line and then trace it and form more lines around it. The paintings I did reminded me of that. 

Though I chose music as my primarily creative endeavor, I feel very influenced by visual art. The process of making it helps me to remember that each day brings forth new opportunities to learn about myself. What lies hidden from others, what wishes to be seen, finding new ways to express myself. 

We did some writing with our paintings too. Here are a couple of sentences that came out about my paintings:

"A spring within uncoils, bursting with color."

"Playful light dancing a unified dream."

"Weaving of wonders yet to explore."

No comments:

Post a Comment