Friday, November 30, 2012

A rose is a rose is a rose





How I love roses. Today I was feeling tired but drove out to a nursing home out in Crozet and sang with a group out at the nursing home there. They were so lively and animated and into it that I forgot all about being tired. They helped me so much. That is what some people don't understand. They think I am nice for doing what I do but in reality--the people I see and sing with help me! It is a two way street. I need them, they need me. Together, we help each other to remember the good things in life.

I was given this bouquet of roses by the activities director today from all of the residents and I was so touched. I am so happy that every day I can do something I love and they love me in return. We all benefit. That's the way the world should be, I think. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right about the give and take. We help someone heal and we also heal! We give joy, we receive joy back!

    ReplyDelete