Friday, November 16, 2012

Q: What language are you speaking?

A: Music



Played at a nursing home today and as I was singing someone interrupted in the middle of a song and asked me, "what language are you speaking?" where are you from? " (with a critical tone of voice and unpleasant facial expression).
I should have said, "I am speaking Music: the Universal language--try it!"

She was being critical earlier saying I was singing too high for them and other things. Most of my stories and experiences are very positive but once in awhile something like this happens. 

Everyone's voice is like a snowflake, unique and different. But sometimes it seems people want a voice to sound a certain way. I think embracing our own uniqueness is important.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't sing!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you got a zinger. Tomorrow, you will have fun with the people again! I love your singing! :) You are unique and totally creative! Go, Blue!

    ReplyDelete