Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Going with the flow

Remember that song, "If I had a Hammer"? It's one I've been singing with groups lately. Yesterday I sang it with the group at Post High and this is the song that inspired one of the girls to get up and start dancing. A few other kids then followed and then I stood up and danced a bit too all the while still playing my guitar and singing. Once that song finished,  I started singing, "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley and we kept dancing and laughing.   After we sang and danced a bit, the same girl who was dancing started singing that old song by Queen, "We will Rock you!"That made us laugh all the more.

This is what I love about doing music with people. If I just get out of the way and let things happen, some of the  best memories are created.  Sometimes I find it challenging to work with a group dynamic.  There is no telling what song will strike a chord or what song will be a dud. I am always surprised and always learning!


No comments:

Post a Comment