Friday, April 5, 2013

A Quiet place within


My week was enriched with many uplifting experiences at various nursing homes. Each brought me some happiness and peace.    I now live next to a big, noisy construction site where a beautiful forest was destroyed. It has been very hard for me to witness this and each day I struggle to make peace with it. My days visiting beautiful places and nice people is a great soothing balm for me.

Today, I decided to share some snapshots of my week in Haiku form. The picture above is from my favorite place in Madison county. How I need that quiet peace in my soul right now!

My week in Haiku
A room full of joy
nurses, maids, residents sing
an old melody

Dancing in wheelchairs
united in one moment
one voice together
~
Shy new one staring
I'm singing "This Little LIght"
her hand reaches up

Finger dance smiles
now no names do not matter
maybe now new friend
~
Yelling loud woman
I sing, "You Are My Sunshine"
you say, "I like that."
~
Blow a kiss hello
Priscilla's happy greeting
nice to see you too
~
Country roads, take me
home, to a place I belong
a song we all know

Stirs longing for place
without machines, urban sprawl
quiet peace within

No comments:

Post a Comment