Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Creativity is it for me!





I believe in creativity! Be it art, writing, music, crafting, cooking, gardening.... the act of creating something is so incredibly therapeutic. Today I had a group sing along at the Carver school held in an art classroom. The photo above is the canvas that covered the table which is a work of art in itself!

Earlier today I was feeling kind of sad and missing my mom (who I visited last week) and feeling sad she is so far away. (AZ)  As it was a cloudy day, that didn't seem to help matters.

Later when I looked out the window and saw the bus arrive with my singing students (see photo below) a big smile came upon my face.


Things got better from there. Those kids just light right up when we sing and they make me happy too. We sang all our favorites from "Lean on me", "With a little help from my friends", "You've Got a Friend",  "Stand by me", 'My Girl", "I'll be there."  Sure made it a better day.

One boy came up to me after class and whispered that he wants to sing in the music recital (VSA) next year with me. When asked which song, he said, "You are my Sunshine".
Good choice and thanks for the good times today!

2 comments: