Wednesday, April 24, 2013

From the land of the Sun


Playing at Fiddler's Dream in Phoenix, AZ is getting to be a tradition each year. It works well for me as my mother lives there as well as a few friends.  The coffeehouse is a small and simple and run by a Quaker group.  As I rarely perform out of state, this is the closest thing to feeling like I am a touring artist as I come these days.




A friend of mine works at the Arizona Dept. of Deaf and Hard of Hearing and I gave a small concert there too. (photo above)  They were excited to see someone like myself who is a cochlear implant (CI) recipient to be able to continue to play and enjoy music. I am making plans now to work more with CI recipients to help them enjoy music again.

I enjoyed my trip out west but I am happy to be home again too. I am happy to see that spring has sprung in my absence and to see the green of the grass and leaves again! Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment