Saturday, February 1, 2014

Everlasting Love


I grew up with such great music and I love the old Motown songs. This song, "Everlasting Love" was a one hit wonder by Carl Carlton and I loved it. It was a hit in 1967 which would put me around 8 yrs old. I had a transistor radio my grandmother gave me that I carried around with me everywhere.

I've been having a lot of fun recording samples of music for weddings and this one came up. It's not easy to play a Motown song on solo guitar because I can't get that big Motown groove/band sound. But I thought it made a nice song for the solo guitar because of the contrasting sparse melody in the verse and the high energy chorus that says:

"Open up your eyes
Then you'll realize
Here I stand with my
Everlasting Love"
 
I love the sentiment of that and believe in that kind of love.  I have that love for music!  It need not just be love for a person. There is love for life, humanity, nature, animals too. I feel this when I play this song.

Here is my recording --but keep in mind this is an abbreviated version of the song intended as a sample. Do you remember this song? 




No comments:

Post a Comment