Sunday, May 19, 2013

An interview with Silence

 Those of you not from Charlottesvile may not know that I was a radio DJ for 20 years at WTJU. I did acoustic/folk shows featuring lesser known and unsigned artists and songwriters.  Over the years I also did some specialty shows for fundraisers. In one program, I did some comedy stuff and among other things I did an interview with Silence. Here is more or less how it went:

(Doorbell rings) Enter the studio Silently..

Me:  Hello, Silence thank you for coming today. I know you are in big demand these days, so I really appreciate your time.

Silence:

Me:  I've always wanted to ask you these questions, are you ready now for the interview?

Silence:

Me:   What was the wildest thing you've ever done since you've been Silent?

Silence:

Me: What has been the most challenging aspect of being Silence?

Silence:

Me: What is your happiest memory of being Silence?

Silence:

Me: Where did the saying, "silence is golden" come from?

Silence:

Me: If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it--was that you playing a joke?

Silence:

Me: What is your favorite sound?

Silence:

Me: Well, now I think I will open this up for our audience to ask you some questions. Will that be alright?

Silence:

Me:  You are welcome to write your questions right here for Silence to answer. 
Thank you very much for all of your very wise replies, Silence!

Silence:

No comments:

Post a Comment