Thursday, May 2, 2013

BFF shoes


Today when I was getting ready to sing at a nursing home, one of the residents there waved me over to talk to her. She seemed very excited about something.  As she cannot speak (she has a disability), she showed me what she wanted by pointing to her feet. There I saw some shiny new white tennis shoes with the letters "BFF" on each one.  One shoe had one name on it, the other shoe another name. BFF,  I know means "best friends forever".  I said,  "you got new shoes and your best friend gave them to you?" and she lit up and nodded that I got it.  I told her that was such a nice thing for her friend to have given her.  I wish now I would have taken a picture of them (if she agreed to) but you'll just have to take my word for how cute they were.

In a world so full of trouble, I bask in these simple gestures of kindness. It is something that I love about my work. I see so much kindness each day. It is a good thing.

Have you received a gift from your best friend recently? Or have you given a gift to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment