Monday, May 6, 2013

The Art of Boldness


I have been so lucky to have such creative and vibrant friends over the years. The above painting was done by my friend Barbara using a new artistic technique she created called, "Core Energy Art".  It involves using a spinning table and applying the paint with spatulas and other utensils. The results bring works of bold and bright colors. I am reminded of a conversation I had with Barbara many years ago about being bold. She asked me what I thought it meant to be bold. I said, "to be out with your inness" --and I'd say she did this with her art! Above is just one painting but there are several of hers now on display at the TJ Unitarian Church in Charlottesville. The show also features art therapist Phyllis Frame whose work is astonishing as well!

Yesterday was their art opening and I got to play some music as people came and gazed upon these beautiful works.  There were old friends who were visiting town after years of being away and new friends there too. It was actually kind overwhelming (as in over realm!) but in a good way.

I came away feeling such gratitude for being part of such a thriving community where we support each others' creative endeavors.  The paintings are so inspiring to me, this morning I began a song about them.  I suspect you'll be hearing that down the road sometime.

Here's to creative and bold friendships and living life like a work of art!

4 comments:

  1. That's really a striking painting. Does your friend have website? I think it's wonderful that you all support each other in your creative endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Evelyn,

    No my friend does not have a website if you can believe that. She does the most beautiful art work. I do feel lucky to have supportive, creative friends! They have inspired me to write my own songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blue,

    This is a perfect example of how you take the daily experiences and turn them into interesting entries on your blog. I too feel fortunate to be part of this "supportive creative" circle. So good to spend time chatting with you at the event... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate,

    I am lucky to have you as one of my supportive creative inspiring friends! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete