Friday, May 10, 2013

Some words from Blue's guitar


Hello everyone,  I am pleased that technology now allows me to say hello to Blue's friends and to introduce myself to you. I am Blue's guitar. I don't have a name that she calls me but I know I am her favorite instrument. I live with 3 other guitars, four mountain dulcimers, 6 Native American flutes, a bodhran, djembe, doumbek, tambourine, and a electric keyboard. (our newest addition)  Of all of the instruments in our family, I am the one most used.  I was made right here in Ivy, VA 14 years ago. I came to live with Blue in 2001 and these have been the happiest years of my life.

This week I was quite busy! Wednesday I played and sang for some nursing home residents.  So many of them tell me they love me.  Some of them even touch me while Blue frets the strings, they strum.  It kind of tickles me to be honest but no one can hear me laughing. Then Wednesday night I played for the monthly Taize service at the local Mennonite church. Some of this music is so beautiful and haunting, I have to say I can really produce some flattering sounds for this!

Yesterday I soothed some weary patients in the ICU at the hospital.  I could see how my sounds helped them to feel better and that is very gratifying.

This morning I played at the gym where Blue goes and many people came up and thanked me.  Often people came to sit near me and close their eyes as rest & listen a bit.

All in all, it is a good life. I am resting up now before going to play for another nursing home soon, then we have the night off! Happy weekend to all!


P.S. Hi from Jasper!!  Ha ha! I sneaked in the picture when Blue was not looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment